Sunday, January 24, 2010

Christian Riese Lassen

This is the work of Christian Riese Lassen that I stumbled upon while google-ing something a couple weeks ago. It's not photography, but I think it's amazing that people can paint like this. He captures so many brilliant colors. I enjoy the beach scenes, but I'd have to say I like the impressionist works better for their softer feeling. You can see the paint strokes and I like that textured look. Lassen lives in Hawaii, so his work all revolves around the sea and nature.
"I believe in making a difference through my art. In my work, I seek to act as a messenger, alerting people all over the world to the deterioration of the global environment, and to the need, as well, for greater understanding and respect for the world's diverse cultures. The Earth's irreplaceable treasures are steadily being eroded, but each of us, collectively and as individuals, can make a difference and must! This is my message." -Lassen





No comments:

Post a Comment