Sunday, January 17, 2010

Craft 2, lighting/studio

From the Marco Guerra Studio. I love the curving forms in this and how the staircase brings your eye down to the girl. It feels like a new twist on portraits. The lighting is great because it leads my eye from the darker stairs on the right across the image to the woman in her white coat with the light shining down on her.

I love the family portrait below. It seems so comforting and intimate. The lighting highlights their faces and her belly in the perfect way. I also like the casual feel to it; it seems like you might stumble across this in their home, it doesn't seem posed to me.

The wedding portrait also gives a new twist. I'm drawn to the colors in the background which are so dramatic against her white dress. The light shining directly down on her puts her right in the focus of the image. I also love the stacked look of the frame going around the picture. It adds a little bit more and makes it visually more interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment