Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alex Koloskov

I was thinking about ideas for my independent studio project for craft and decided to look at some more commercial photography. I came across Alex Koloskov who is a commercial photographer, originally from Ukraine, but now living and working in Atlanta. Here's his website and blog. I am thinking of doing something along the lines of food or product photography for my project so that I can work more with lighting setups and making things look good and I think it would be easier to work with inanimate objects. Here's some of the work that I like:
















I like his use of color and how he makes dynamic images out of something just sitting on a table. The objects seem to come more "alive". He also makes some interesting shapes in how he organizes the positive and negative parts of the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment