Monday, March 1, 2010

Jodie Otte

Since I took some portraits of my neighbor's children this weekend, I decided to look at photographers who do that sort of thing and I came across Jodie Otte. I was just looking up child photographers and clicked on a link for Maryland since that's where I'm from. I think it's nice that some people can specialize in maternity and baby photography. Otte does do some older children and teens as well. I just know that I had a hard time getting the kids to focus on me and look at the camera while I was taking pictures, so she must really love this and have a lot of patience. I think I got some cute pictures of my neighbors, and I had fun doing it, but I think there was a bit of ease since those kids are used to me taking pictures of them and they just ham it up for the camera. I imagine it would be a little harder if the kids didn't know the adult sticking a camera in their face, it could be a bit scary. But of course everyone wants tons of pictures of their kids so someone has to do it. There were some pictures on her site that paired a color photo with a black and white one of the same child and I thought those were particularly nice.









No comments:

Post a Comment