Saturday, March 20, 2010

Joel Meyerowitz

A photo I took of Joel Meyerowitz while he was talking to our class.

Since we ran into Joel Meyerowitz at the "Pioneers of Color" show yesterday in NYC, I figured it was only fitting to blog about him. Plus, that was the gallery I enjoyed the most. And looking at his website now, I realize that I've seen it before, but I don't think I put together who it was exactly. It's nice to know there are people out there still using film, and Joel seems like a genuinely nice person. It was wonderful that he stayed after his talk to talk with our class about his work. That was probably a once in a lifetime chance we all had yesterday; we got lucky running into him. I think it's great that he still has that passion and is still working. He really has an eye for color and catching the moment. On his website, I especially like his World Trade Center Archive. Meyerowitz should be appreciated for documenting such an event, and he got some pretty iconic images from it. He was one to stand up for American history and he did a wonderful job of it.








We saw this one at the show!





No comments:

Post a Comment