Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More product photography

Once again I'm looking at product photography & commercial photographers to get ideas for my final project. I took some photos in the studio to get my project rolling and I think they turned out ok for my first time being in the studio. I kept the setup simple and just tried to make the objects look good. One photographer I found was Rob Greer and I liked what he had to say about commercial work: "As a professional product photographer, I know that an important part of creating a successful photograph of your product involves capturing the actual image, conveying subtleties and textures in the product's materials, and maintaining color fidelity. I pay close attention to lighting, color management,
and other technical considerations to provide superior product photography for my clients. Many of my projects involve photographing objects on black or white backgrounds. However, some projects are more complex and require specialized backgrounds, custom sets, props, or product styling."

I think that pretty much sums up the basics of product photography and are the key things you need to look for when setting up a shot. Of course his website was flash so i couldn't save images to post here & all I could find on google was his wedding photography, which he also does.


Another photographer I found-who finally doesn't have a flash website, is Marty Kelly from San Francisco. He is a primarily a food photographer, but also does some product work as well. I like how he incorporates other objects with the main product so the whole image works together and it's not necessarily just a thing sitting on a white table, which I think can help sell an object because it's the whole package. I may try to incorporate this into my work.










2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am Rajon from Clipping Image Expert .

    We provide all kind of photo editing service at a cheap rate.



    Currently we are offering $0.25/image for simple editing.looking for a collaboration with you we offer services such as Clipping path,Background Removal,Retouch,Masking,Shadows,Ghost Mannequin,Color Correction & all other image services.



    it will be prestigious to work with your organization, looking forward for your reply ..

    Here's the Official contact E-mail: info@clippingimageexpert.com



    Thanking you

    With Regards,

    RAJON
    Chief Marketing Officer

    Clipping Image Expert
    Cell : +1(631)602-0014

    E-mail : info@clippingimageexpert.com

    Website : https://clippingimageexpert.com

    Skype ID: clipping imageexpert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Product photo editing in Photoshop is not easy, and if you do not know what you’re doing, you can make worse the picture. Moreover, it is impossible to process thousands of images on your own. You will find a lot of wasting time on every detail that you can use to grow your business to perfect. To rent a product photo editor or professional photo editing companies efficiently made to work and work quickly get to have time savings to assistance.

    ReplyDelete