Monday, February 15, 2010

Christian Patterson

I found Christian Patterson off the color photographer list Ron sent. I just decided to google a few people and I liked some of Patterson's work. He has posted work on his website from a few different projects, most of them are pretty recent and I picked out a few of my favorites.


I just love water. I like to watch the ocean and rivers, there's so much fluidity and movement. I like that this one is partially blurred because the water is splashing so quickly. It becomes somewhat abstracted.
Fire is just mesmerizing to watch and I think Patterson did a nice job of capturing that in this image. You can sense the movement of the flames.

This one I like because the blue is so bright. And I think its kind of funny someone would paint a building like this, but I like it because it resembles the sky on a pretty day.

I like the simplicity of this one, but the little patches of color are a nice touch. The bit of blue sky balances out the brown at the bottom for me. It's nice to see the bits of green and yellow and red for more variety.

And this sign one is just funny. I've never seen so many signs in one place. It makes me wonder why they are all in that fenced in space and how they got there.




No comments:

Post a Comment