Sunday, February 21, 2010

Clark Little

Clark Little is a surfer/ photographer who lives in Hawaii. My grandmother actually forwarded me an email with some of his images so I decided to check him out a bit more because I thought they were beautiful images. I've always loved the water, and ever since my nature project in photo 2, I've been interested in photographing it. Little has an advantage, living in Hawaii and knowing how to surf, since he has beautiful scenery all around him and can really get into the scene to get his shot. I think there is a bit of luck that goes into his process, he obviously has to understand the waves and water so he doesn't get hurt and that's where his surfing experience comes into play. I love the colors in all of these images, they're all very striking. He does a great job of capturing the action, freezing the wave just before it crashes down- he has amazing timing. The light also plays an important role for him; it illuminates the water and gives it a glassy look. He seems to be doing pretty well for himself after only photographing for a couple years, he has already published a book and has had work published internationally. For more info, check out his website.






No comments:

Post a Comment