Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Craft 2, post 3

I was tired of looking for portrait photographers, and so I decided to look at commercial food / advertising photographers due to a class discussion of whether or not commercial work is "selling out", and also probably because I was hungry at the time. I found Matthew Klein, whose website is flash so I couldn't figure out how to save his images but I found a couple on google. Some of his work is playful, like the beef ads set up like landscapes and the goldfish with one red fish popping out. Check out his website for more work. A lot of his work just makes the food look gorgeous. I don't think I've ever had food that pretty, even when eating out. But I guess that's the point.



I also found Bill Brady, but had the same flash issues with his website. I think both photographers have some good examples of color as punctuation and a bit of playfulness. It may not be the most exciting work, but I bet he's getting paid enough. And I think it takes some sort of skill to make food look that pretty and perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment