Monday, February 8, 2010

Photo Contest winners

These are a group, a somewhat random group, of some images I liked that won the National Wildlife Federation photo contest in 2009. I am really interested in nature photography and these few really stood out to me. The colors are great and I like the fact that most of them are from amateur photographers. Here's the full list.

The tiger is just cool, I mean how many people get that close to a live tiger?! And its at the perfect moment just before he/she takes a drink.


The flower is very powerful to me. It's simple but the color and lighting is so dramatic, it makes the image.

Underwater pictures are just cool and this is a giant whale. Same comment as the tiger, its not everyday that you see a whale upclose. And I love that texture of the water in the left corner.


This is just adorable. Baby animals are so cute and I love how the big giraffe frames the little one.

Great puncuation of color! The green leaves totally pop off the mostly white background and birds. The birds themselves make some interesting negative shapes and lead the eye across the page.


This one just amazes me. He caught this at the perfect time, a split second before the eagle grabbed the little bird. And they fit perfectly in the frame, with a nice dramatic diagonal from the wing.


No comments:

Post a Comment